CJ Ross, the fight judge who scored as a draw, has gone on "indefinite leave".
Ross told the Nevada State Athletic Commission she is stepping down indefinitely. She scored Mayweather-Alvarez 114-114 while judges Craig Metcalfe (117-111) and Dave Moretti (116-112) gave Mayweather the majority decision to improve his career record to 45-0.
Last year Ross had been involved in another scoring scandal when she and judge Duane Ford .
Ross was due to meet Nevada State Athletic Commission chairman Bill Brady on Tuesday to review her scorecard, in which she alone awarded Alvarez the first and eighth rounds, but instead said she wanted to step aside after 22 years as a boxing judge.
The 64-year-old judge emailed the commission to say: "I will be taking some time off from boxing but will keep in touch."
Keith Kizer, the commission executive director who named Ross to the Mayweather-Alvarez judging panel, said: "To her credit, she does not want to take away from the story, being what a dominant performance by . So, she has asked us if she can take some time off; we've agreed. It shows the type of person she is. Bill was very understanding and supportive. He agreed that that was a great avenue to take."
Brady said changes will be made to the process for selecting officials starting later this month when the commission will make assignments for the WBO welterweight title fight between Timothy Bradley and Juan Manuel Marquez on 12 October.
Brady : "There will be more questions asked, and Keith will be held accountable for his recommendations. We won't be a rubber stamp anymore."